SWELL is an annual outdoor sculpture exhibition located at Currumbin Beach and Helensvale Library, Gold Coast, Queensland. This year the 17th SWELL Sculpture Festival will be held from 13 – 22 September 2019. Alongside the festival there will be guided twilight walks through the artwork, artist talks and artist led workshops.
Swell invites artist applications for the 17th SWELL Sculpture Exhibition to be held along Currumbin Beach WALKWAY on Australia’s Gold Coast FROM SEPTEMBER 13-22 2019.
- Artist submissions can comprise of completed works, works in progress or concepts
- Entries close 31st January 2019
- Exhibition dates for our 2019 exhibition are September 13th - 22nd on Currumbin Beach, Gold Coast, QLD, Australia
- SWELL Sculpture is QLD's largest outdoor exhibition of up to 50 sculptures by local, national and international artists
- Artists Awards up to $26,500
- SWELL Sculpture will provide installation support and an artist subsidy of $500 per artwork
- SWELL Sculpture is a wonderful platform to promote your artwork and attracts national media coverage
Your artwork will be temporarily installed in a public space and as such, your supporting documentation should be comprehensive and include the required information outlined below. Should your submission not include this important documentation it may be deemed non-conforming and not eligible for consideration.
Your submission can include a completed work or a work in progress and should include clear and comprehensive support documentation including:
concept drawings that are to scale with front and side elevations
support images of completed work or partly completed work
Prior to completing your application, please prepare and collate all information to ensure you include all relevant information.
- information and drawings of foundation and footings
- detail on any lighting included with the sculpture
- machinery required
- maintenance required during SWELL
For more information visit: http://www.swellsculpture.com.au/artists-submissions/